Thursday, September 27, 2012

DIY Mail Center

Finished product
I was thrifting at Goodwill the other day and came across this...

Most people would see a banged up piece of particle board nailed together in a funny way...I saw MAIL CENTER.

I decided to tear it down using a hammer and just keep the skeleton. I painted it black with two coats of craft paint.
Then I cut out a piece of scrapbook paper (I just love polka dots, don't you?!) and double sided taped it to the inside.
Then I decided to paint MAIL on the top in an antique way. (I sketched out the letters first with pencil and kinda traced them with paint. Even using those sticker letters would be cute!

After that I decided that instead of using the wood I had salvaged from the inside of the piece (which would have looked cool too) I would attach coordinating ribbon with a hot glue gun from one side to the other.

And voila... Our new mail center that looks cute and original.  Only cost me $1 (it was 1/2 off) + stuff I already had.

Hope you like it! We sure do! It keeps our ingoing and outgoing mail off the counter and we hubs always knows where to put/look for the mail now! Yay organization!!!

XOXO,





This post is linked to Tater Tots and Jello

6 comments:

  1. Precious! I MUST get to Goodwill & try to look at stuff with fresh eyes! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you like it! Yes, just think things never have to stay the way they are!

      Delete
  2. How cool is this, Nikki! Definitely pinning this one. Thanks for stopping by today:)


    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like it! It was fun and easy to make! Have a great weekend! Thanks for coming back!
      -Nikki

      Delete
  3. Great idea! Good way to reuse something! :) Thanks so much for joining us at the Keep Calm & Link Up Party! See you again soon for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you stopped by! Love your party! See you then!

      Delete

Please leave a comment! I love reading your comments! It seriously makes my day. -Nikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...